Click here to subscribe to The Angelus
Click here to view free articles
Letter from the Publisher, Fr. Jürgen Wegner
The Controversy over Marriage Vows, Fr. Dominique Bourmaud, SSPX
- Marriage and the State of Perfection, Compiled by the Angelus editors
Rites of Matrimony Past and Present, Fr. Christopher Danel, SSPX
Christian Marriage, Guarantee of the Dignity of the Woman, Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre from Against the Heresies
Faith and Morals
Law and Marriage Go Together, Brian McCall, J.D. H
The Basis of a Happy Wedlock, Pius XI, from Casti Connubii
Male and Female He Created Them, Fr. Paul Robinson, SSPX
How to Have a Happy Marriage, SSPX Priests
- Education: A Magnanimous Man!, Brian McCall, J.D.
- History: Innocent III, Marriage, and Militant Christendom, Dr. John Rao
- Liturgy: No Light from the Orthodox East on Christian Marriages, Gabriel S. Sanchez, J.D.
- Family Life: Confirmation before Marriage, Michael J. Rayes
Questions and Answers
- The Synod on the Family has been in the news now for months. But is this the first Synod of its kind? Or has there been some history behind it?
- What is the theological value of this meeting? Does it qualify as a magisterial act of the Church?
- What is the forecast regarding this coming Synod?
- We have already dealt extensively on the first problem of Communion for remarried divorcees in articles of this issue. The second is certainly a mine field. What about the third issue? What are we talking about when we speak of the natural law?
Instrumentum Laboris proposes to improve the language traditionally used in explaining 'Natural Law'. What are we to think of this project of the October Synod?
- From the statements of these recent popes, it seems as if the natural law is a fixed item in the Church's teaching, not an object of "manipulation," to use the words of the late Pope?
- Should we repeat our prayer intentions each time we recite the Rosary?
Church and World
- United States: Black Mass at Harvard Canceled
- On the Ecumenical Meeting between Pope Francis and the Patriarch Bartholomew
- United States: An increasingly Hispanic Catholic Church
What God Has Joined, Roberto de Mattei
Letters to the Editor
The Last Word, Father Daniel Couture, SSPX