The famed Benziger Brothers were one of America's premier printers to the Apostolic See. This is a faithful reprint of their altar missal.
The ONLY reprinted Altar Missal available in complete conformity with the final revisions made by the Holy See in 1962 to the traditional Roman Missal, this edition includes:
* ST. JOSEPH'S NAME IN THE CANON (added in November 1962)
* AD LIBITUM PREFACES (added in July 1962 and which includes the restored Advent preface)
* PRO ALIQUIBUS LOCIS section specifically arranged for the USA DIOCESES per the 1962 liturgical calendar (added in December 1962)
* Original imprimatur by Cardinal Francis Spellman
Quality production features:
* hard casing in green durable bonded leather (wears better than leather and requires no special care)
* ornate gold-embossing on both cover boards and spine
* thick cover boards and reinforced spine with decorative hubs (as shown above on the original)
* poly-grosgrain colored ribbons finished with bows (prevents fraying)
* strong midi-braid leads bridging ribbons to the spine (protects pages and life of ribbons)
* flexible bonded leather tabs in matching cover color and black
* original quality black and red text throughout (all exact scans of the original pages)
* sturdy sewn binding and endsheet construction * non-acid missal-quality paper (nearly the identical specs Benziger used)
* gilded page edges
* a slip jacket for proper storage of your investment
1,290 pages, 8 3/8" x 11 1/2"
Angelus Press is the premier source of information on the Traditional Latin Mass and the practice of an integral Catholic Faith in today's world.
As an apostolate of the Catholic press, we have the mission of spreading the Catholic Faith through the printed word by our Traditional Catholic books and magazine publications.
Read more »
Get the latest blog post, sales, new releases and more sent to your inbox