For over 300 years, the Douay Rheims Bible was the only Catholic English translation of Scripture used. It continues to be used officially in Catholic churches today.
- Leather bound cover with stitched edges
- Gold gilt edged pages and 2 ribbons.
- Completely retypeset to reproduce the original 1899 edition, making reading much easier.
- Eleven coloured maps digitally redrawn by hand and fully coloured
- 32 beautiful engravings that recreate key moments in Biblical History
- Family Register section
- Included in this edition – Three Papal encyclicals regarding the importance of the Holy Bible.
- PROVIDENTISSIMUS DEUS - Encyclical of Pope Leo XIII - On the Study of Holy Scripture
- SPIRITUS PARACLITUS - Encyclical of Pope Benedict XV - On St. Jerome
- DIVINO AFFLANTE SPIRITU - Encyclical of Pope Pius XII - On Promoting Biblical Studies, Commemorating the Fiftieth Anniversary of Providentissimus Deus
No. of Pages: 1512
Size: 4¼" x 6¾"